Serving Families, Farmers, and Commercial Producers Since 1946
Hatchery with a Purpose
We are a hatchery shipping commercial quality day-old chicks throughout the continental United States and eastern Canada. Since 1946, we’ve been serving family farms and commercial farmers alike from our hatchery in Quakertown, PA.
Growing and Growing
From 600 chicks in our first year, Moyer’s Chicks has greatly expanded, with an annual output capacity of over 20 million chicks and fertile eggs. See what it takes to turn an egg into a day-old chick.
We are passionate about the sustainable farming practices employed by backyard, free-range, and pastured poultry farmers. Our supporting memberships in the American Pastured Poultry Producers Association (APPPA) and the Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA) organizations encourage and promote sustainable farming.
We are a participant of the National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP), working closely with federal agencies and state laboratories to prevent the spread of poultry diseases. NPIP provides guidelines and regulations for sanitization, testing and biosecurity. Our commitment to these standards, combined with a comprehensive vaccination program, ensures healthy, high quality chicks you expect from a commercial hatchery.
Poultry Handling & Transportation
Moyer’s Chicks is certified by the Poultry Handling & Transportation (PHT) program. The first 3rd party certification of its kind, the PHT program trains poultry farmers, hatcheries, and transportation companies in the proper handling of birds to identify and eliminate animal welfare and biosecurity risks during handling and transportation. As one of 9 certified producers, Moyer’s is proud to bear this certification to ensure safe handling and transportation of every chick to our customers’ farms.
At Moyer’s Chicks, we’ve developed a close-knit team that feels more like a family than co-workers. As a locally- and family-owned business, we take care of our employees, our community, and our customers. We value building long-term relationships with our customers and have known many of you for decades now.
Our Guiding Principles
- Teamwork: We are smarter and stronger together.
- Integrity: We do what is right, even if it hurts.
- Compassion: We care about others.
- Trustworthy: We do what we say we will do.
- Excellence: We always do our best.
- Courage: We overcome fear with action.
- Creativity: We use our imagination to paint a brighter future.
- Thankfulness: We are grateful for our many blessings.
- Endurance: We push through obstacles.
- Curiosity: We are dreamers and explorers.
- Humility: We remember that we are all imperfect people.
- Optimism: We live fully alive and we have fun.